Sunday, June 25, 2006

Back on track

Dear all,

The soccer world cup has kept us all engaged, but now when both Sweden and Mexico are out we can all focus on bullshit again. But as a last comment on the world cup; I was watching a game, when the camera zoomed in a man in the audience who was picking his nose. Wouldnt that be a great thing to be famous for all over the world. 2 billion people are watching you picking your nose! Now that's something to be remembered for!

When we cant focus our attention on our fabulous football players (irony intented for the Swedish team, true for the Mexican one), we instead have to turn our attention to Robbie Williams (and I'll do it with delight). His song lyrics, such as "Ive had more blondes than brunettes" could give him the Nobel price in literature, and from the new album I have found my new favourite lines that I want to share with you:
"Smoking kills
sex sells
I've got one hand in my pocket but the
other one looks cool as hell
I know I'm going to die so my revenge
is living well
Oh Lord make me pure but not yet"

And talking about being pure, one of the disadvantages with a high-tech society is that kids (i.e. my 9 year old niece) start to use msn, and also make their friends add you to your msn (and you cant really say no and break their heart). Which means that kids have intruded your bullshit area, and that you need to be careful with your nicknames. On top of it, as kids always do, they want to talk to you but they dont have anything to say. They just want your undivided attention, but I dont have that much to say to a 9 year old friend of my niece... So the only thing that saves this catastrohpic scenario, is that I think that at least it's good for them to write a lot and improve their spelling!

/H

1 Comments:

Blogger Amit Desai said...

hahahhahhahah... good laugh on a tired day and on top of that, just passed the trauma to watch the most boring match on the planet - ukraine and switzerland. its just 90 mins though, so might be interesting!

26/6/06 13:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home