Thursday, April 06, 2006

Surnames

Hi!!

I know that Im not the right person to pull people's legs about their surnames :-), but I just have to make a comment.

There have been Finish presidents named Svinhufvud, which means Swinehead. Today I saw a researcher named Oh. (That person must have heard a lot of bad jokes throughout his days.) I also know that my mother thought that something was missing when my father introduced himself as "Jussi Pulli". "Pulli what?" At least the first names people can do something about, which means they shouldnt name their children "Arvid Arvidsson" - please have a bit more imagination!

Well, that was just my highly valuable thoughts on names. Please share yours!
Hanna

2 Comments:

Blogger Anirban Blah said...

I just don't understand how some people can have such weird surnames. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me.

12/4/06 02:28  
Blogger Hanna said...

Good that senior Blah is on my side! ;) Imagine a Pulli-Blah marriage with the mix of names... What a horrible life possible kids would have in front of them.
/H

17/4/06 07:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home